Sunday, December 18, 2011

And So... It Begins

There is something beautiful about working on something you love.  I have played Warhammer 40k on and off for a good fifteen years now.  I started with Space Marines... and moved to Imperial Guard: Tallarn Raiders.

I spent a small fortune on those little desert rats... but never really got to play them too much.  I always loved the idea of Imperial Guard.  The massed formations of infantry fighting for every inch of ground with blood and sweat.

A simple lasgun, and flak armor that meant nothing to the majority of weapons arrayed against them was all they had.  The Dog Soldiers, the trenchers, the unlucky bastards sent to die.  I saw their lot as the grimmest of all, because in the end, the Space Marines got the glory... they just got to die.

Sure the Guard has tanks... sure they have Artillery.  But without the grunts, those things mean little.  You need bodies to hold the line... and bodies they have by the billions.

This blog will be a combination project log/gaming fluff for me.

The Army I am currently putting together is a labor of love for me.  The Gallayan Guard; The Forsaken. 

Based off of images I had in my mind of British Great War Infantry in Brodie Helmets.  This is a very infantry heavy army... and will often lose many battles.  I do not play this game to win all the time though... I play it to put together an unique and cool looking army.

No comments:

Post a Comment