Monday, July 2, 2012

6th Edition Allies... Yes Please!

Recently I played what the local gaming store called "Farewell to 5th"

The number of mechanized forces I witnessed really should not have surprised me, considering the blogs out there that support the built for guard... perhaps you have seen it.

Command Squad + Melta Vet Squads in Chimeras + Manticore Missile Launcher... and maybe a Valkryie just for flavor.

At least that seemed to be the builds I witnessed more than anything else.  For my fleshy guard that was a tough nut to crack.  Still, I was able to pull out a victory against one of those formations thanks to charging my boys right up against them with Krak grenades.  After that it was numbers against veterans.

Still, there is an obvious lack of mobility in this army... men can only run so fast.  Which brings me to my point.

Allies in 6th


Everybody and their mother has been talking about this... some love it, some think it will break the game.

Me, I just think it allows me to get even more into the background character of this army.  

And what kind of allies would an imperial guard army from a Shrine World likely have... only one really came to mind for me.

The Sisters had not received much love... and with their WD codex release, really have not had anything added to them.  But something about them just makes it love at first site for my army.

Being able to throw some ladies into a Rhino or two... not to mention several decent close combat units.. I say hell yes.  The Emperor Wills It!.

Several of my friends have mentioned using Inquisition and Grey Knights, and they made some compelling points.  Honestly though, I don't think it fits as well... especially since Sisters are more common, and are not specifically focused on any one type of enemy.

I just don't fight demons enough to warrant taking a unit of the Knights.

So, needless to say I intend to slowly start building up an army of them.  Only one thing will keep it slow.

$$$$$$$$

With a blister of three of them costing nearly 20 bucks... Having a squad of them would run me as much as a battleforce in near any army.  

With my other ideas still in the works, this could take some time... but eventually it will turn into a very flavorful army.

No comments:

Post a Comment